Starbucks Reserve® Indonesia Blue Java
An exotic, rare and exquisite offering, “Organic Blue Java” is the name given to this organically grown and certified coffee which hails from the island of Java in Indonesia. This coffee will delight you with herbaceous notes of sage and fresh earth.
The name “Blue Java” alludes to the blue-green color of the fresh unroasted (raw coffee) beans, harvested by smallholder farmers in the jungles and semi-forested areas that populate the island.
Available for a limited time
- Producer: Smallholder farmers
- Elevation: 3,000 – 5,000 feet
- Coffee Variety: S-795 Typica and USDA 762
- Processing Method: Fully washed
- Harvest dates: May-September 2010
- Tasting Notes: Notes of sage and fresh earth with a sweet and syrupy textured feel
- Pairing Flavours: Aged Gouda cheese, hazelnut and dark chocolates