Guatemala Antigua Santa Catalina Whole Bean
Layers of praline and bittersweet chocolate with sweet, tangerine-like acidity
The Santa Catalina Las Nubes farm is high in Antigua, a region recognized worldwide for its premium coffees. This coffee is cultivated on the slopes of the Acatenango volcano. It’s the result of farmer, soil and climate coming together in perfect balance.
Las Nubes means “clouds” – its elevation of 5,200 feet is so high that it's surrounded by a “cloud forest,” which protects the coffee trees from Guatemala's hot tropical sun. The precipitation in the clouds creates a foggy mist that’s absorbed into the trees leaves, and then drips to the ground creating a rich, moist soil – perfect for cultivating these special beans.
This elegant coffee takes the classic Antigua flavours to the next level with complex layers of praline and rich bittersweet chocolate, complemented by sweet tangerine-like acidity.
Available for a limited time
- Producer: The Santa Catalina Las Nubes farm
- Elevation: 1,585 - 2000 meters (5,200 – 6,570 feet)
- Coffee Variety: Bourbon, Pache, Caturra
- Processing Method: Washed
- Harvest dates: December 2010 – March 2011
- Tasting Notes: Layers of praline and bittersweet chocolate with sweet tangerine-like acidity
- Pairing Flavours: Caramel, Citrus, Nuts, Dark Chocolate