Malawi Lake of Stars
The third largest lake in Africa borders a nation landscaped with towering mountains and lush valleys.
It’s called the Lake of Stars, after the sparkling reflections that lights from drifting boats bounce off the surface at night, and it’s this magical landmark that lends our Starbucks Reserve® coffee from Malawi its name.
Malawi provides one of the smallest coffee yields in East Africa – only once before have we had the opportunity to offer a single origin coffee from this stunning landlocked country. But like the glimmering lake, this is a coffee with its own moment to shine. Full bodied and well balanced, soft florals and notes of orange spice and chocolate take center stage in this rare gem from East Africa.
- Producer: The Sable Farming Company, LTD
- Elevation: 3,900 feet
- Coffee Variety: Population3 and SL28
- Processing Method: Washed
- Tasting Notes: Full bodied with soft florals and chocolaty, orange spice notes
- Flavour Intensity: Bold
- Pairing Flavours: Chocolate, citrus