1062 Gerrard Street East, Toronto, Ontario M4M 2A1
This is store is one of a kind. As you enter, you’re greeted by a double height ceiling and looking up to a wonderful mezzanine and the walk out to a roof top patio. The design reflects the simplicity of the building architecture and provides a clean and sleek environment for customers to hangout. A local Toronto graffiti artist was commissioned to install coffee inspired graffiti art for the interior and exterior private patio wall. The designers sought to reflect the relaxed atmosphere of the neighbourhood and provide a comfortable location. The main level features a tall bookcase and the custom desk lamp chandelier gives the space the feel of an urban library. The store’s large community board is made from factory windows and the store is registered for LEED certification.
Notable Store Elements
- The wood on the walls is reclaimed bleacher seating from a high school in Scarborough, ON
- Tiles used are all 40% or more recycled content
- Upholstery for the leather chairs is made from recycled materials
- The long stand-up bar at the front of the store is made from a piece of beam found in an old warehouse in Toronto
- Community table is made locally and the top itself is a piece of bowling alley from the old Scarborough Lanes
- The patio table is from the Bank of Montréal building and the supports are made by a local artist
- The murals are hand painted by a Toronto graffiti artist.